In reality online job boards, resume databases and internet sourcing has made the job search process more complicated when compared with using staffing agencies.
The benefits of using staffing agencies to streamline the job search process.
There is no doubt that the job search process can be frustrating for both the potential employee and the employer. Many thought that the internet would streamline the hiring process in a big way. In fact, some even predicted that the internet would do away with staffing agencies completely. In reality what we have found is that the opposite is true. Online job boards, resume databases and internet sourcing has made the job search process more complicated.
I want to share with you from both the employee and the employer side the benefits of using staffing agencies to streamline the job search process. First, let's take a closer look at the benefits an employer will receive by partnering with staffing agencies.
- Reduce cost. Many employers do not take into account just how much an open position can cost them the longer a position stays open. Advertising alone on one of the major job boards can easily run between $500-$1000 for a job posting and there is no guarantee that you will find the right candidate. You also need to take into consideration the backlog of work that is not being done and how much that is costing you. When you compare the cost, using a staffing agency can save you both time and money.
- Hire the best candidate available. When you advertise online, you can only hire the best candidate that saw your ad and applied. Staffing agencies are always recruiting and interviewing candidates. This can benefit you because they can send you the best candidate for the job.
- Reduce your liability. If you need to hire temporary workers, then using staffing agencies is your best option. The liability insurance falls on the staffing agency and your temporary help is actually their employee. What this means for you is that you need to worry about unemployment claims, payroll taxes, general liability issues, or workers compensation.
These are just a few of the advantages that an employer will receive with outsourcing to staffing agencies. Now, let's take a closer look at a few of the benefits that a potential employee will receive by working through a staffing agency to obtain employment.
- Instant access to the best opportunities. Some employers only use staffing agencies to fill their positions. This means that your only access to the opportunity is through the recruiter working that position. You can add and even double your job search efforts just by getting connected to staffing agencies.
- Access to industry expertise and advice. Many recruiters work in a specific industry. For example, a recruiter may work just in accounting & finance. This means that he is an expert in that particular industry. Since he interviews and counsels with hundreds of accounting professionals every month, he can help give you free guidance. For instance, you can discover whether your current salary is in alignment with where the local market is. This can help you to have a good pulse as to how much you are worth in the current marketplace.
- An advocate that can close the deal. Most staffing agencies work on a contingency basis. What that means is that they do not make a commission until you get hired. In fact, their commission is often tied into how much your base salary is. They have your best interests in mind. They will be the negotiator for you when it comes to base salary. The best part is that there is never any cost to using them.